Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Fonterra

  1. #31
    Adult Forum's Avatar AF Jedi ADMINISTRATOR
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,310
    Reviews Given
    1
    Credits
    719,459,616,412,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    Arise Sir FULL OF SHIT.
    Fuck what's that smell? Oh it's Full of Shit opening IT"S mouth again.
    if you're gonna resort to name calling can you tone it back a bit? be a little more creative and keep out the profanity, this kind of talk will net you a time out.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    ..................Farmers have not been happy with Fonterra for years but there you go, agree to disagree
    Their option is to go to a competitor of Fonterra. The NZ model relies on competition, and the existence of that competition is enshrined in our law. No company can make an acquisition that would create a monopoly (this is different to building a position of dominance by legal means).

    In 2001, Fonterra made a bid for Kiwi dairies to create a 'mega conglomerate'. This, IMHO should have been blocked by the commerce commission, however the co-operative model of Fonterra means that no significant risk was created to prices (as Plats stated, regardless of milk price/profit, the suppliers ultimately benefit, the money just comes from a different pocket)

    The end result was that while farmers were further limited to who they supplied, if they chose Fonterra, then in theory they would not be disadvantaged by Fonterra's dominant position.

    Hindsight would suggest that this was not an ideal outcome, as while their income was effectively protected, farmers lost the option of voting with their feet. Ultimately, the blame lies with the Government of the day who ultimately green lighted the merger, and that would be the Clark administration, which some might see as something of an inconvenient reality.

  3. #33
    Regular Contributor Non/Former NZG Escort
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    OK so yours was a joke - get a room.
    Notice I thanked you?

    Mine was back at you as a JOKE.

    Now this is not now a joke but an observation.
    Bit like the Aussie cricket team are you. Like to dish it out (oh but it's just a JOKE) but when it comes back it's UNFAIR.

    Please provide the contradictions then.
    Easy to say that - prove it.
    Where the hell did I say it was unfair?? Putting words into peoples mouths seems a commonality as well.
    Easy to say and also easy to prove as there are so many to choose from. I'll provide you just a couple of obvious ones as I presume that if you can't acknowledge them already then me pointing them out may be a pointless exercise anyway.

    post 22: You say no rebuttal means guilty whilst giving no rebuttal.
    post 24: "You think your such a know it all but you know fuck all about most things" Hmmmm plats or you?
    "Please stop writing FALSE FACTS / FALSE NEWS". Fairly subjective. Sure he got 1 'fact' wrong but noticed how he didn't get defensive and totally owned being wrong as you stated a evidence based fact which can not exactly be argued in the first place, and also because he never really claimed to know all the facts etc in the first place which you can see from his discussion in the post prior to this post using "I suspect", "some would argue", "possibly" etc, it is fairly obvious he is voicing his opinion rather than using false facts / false news. The immature comments at the end of this post don't really serve any purpose?

    The capitals letters you use for particular words such as all, totally and nothing to try and exert that you are right and anyone else is not only wrong but a stupid idiot, the unrelated personal attacks, petty name calling etc etc. Basically just portraying a narrow dogmatic attitude, which of course is only my opinion.

  4. #34
    Crocodile's Avatar AF Millennium Member Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    All Over.
    Posts
    1,415
    Reviews Given
    1
    Credits
    2,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sassyme View Post
    Where the hell did I say it was unfair?? Putting words into peoples mouths seems a commonality as well.
    Easy to say and also easy to prove as there are so many to choose from. I'll provide you just a couple of obvious ones as I presume that if you can't acknowledge them already then me pointing them out may be a pointless exercise anyway.

    post 22: You say no rebuttal means guilty whilst giving no rebuttal.
    post 24: "You think your such a know it all but you know fuck all about most things" Hmmmm plats or you?
    "Please stop writing FALSE FACTS / FALSE NEWS". Fairly subjective. Sure he got 1 'fact' wrong but noticed how he didn't get defensive and totally owned being wrong as you stated a evidence based fact which can not exactly be argued in the first place, and also because he never really claimed to know all the facts etc in the first place which you can see from his discussion in the post prior to this post using "I suspect", "some would argue", "possibly" etc, it is fairly obvious he is voicing his opinion rather than using false facts / false news. The immature comments at the end of this post don't really serve any purpose?

    The capitals letters you use for particular words such as all, totally and nothing to try and exert that you are right and anyone else is not only wrong but a stupid idiot, the unrelated personal attacks, petty name calling etc etc. Basically just portraying a narrow dogmatic attitude, which of course is only my opinion.
    Thanks for your opinion.
    Come on admit it you did not like the joke coming back to you.....that was my point.
    Platz's mostly makes it up as he goes along....he gets emotive as well.

    Yes I will get down and dirty in the trenchers, it's what I am.

    At the end of the day Platz's will debate and I will fire back, he fights his own battles but looks like FOP (Friends of Platz's) have come to the party.
    Fair enough.

  5. #35
    Regular Contributor Non/Former NZG Escort
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    64
    Credits
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    Thanks for your opinion.
    Come on admit it you did not like the joke coming back to you.....that was my point.
    Platz's mostly makes it up as he goes along....he gets emotive as well.

    Yes I will get down and dirty in the trenchers, it's what I am.

    At the end of the day Platz's will debate and I will fire back, he fights his own battles but looks like FOP (Friends of Platz's) have come to the party.
    Fair enough.
    But I did like the "joke" coming back to me as it confirmed what I was already thinking about the way you speak to others.
    Have you ever tried taking accountability for your own actions? Seems when you get into unwarranted defense mode you try justifying your words by using other people as a scapegoat to try and shift the responsibility. I don't even have an opinion on the fonterra issue being discussed, I was just calling you out on the rude narrow minded remarks. What Platz says doesnt change it, and I would have called him out on it if it was the other way round too, hes not my friend, I don't agree with everything he has to say at all. It's easier to put the blame on others though, I totally understand.

  6. #36
    Crocodile's Avatar AF Millennium Member Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    All Over.
    Posts
    1,415
    Reviews Given
    1
    Credits
    2,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sassyme View Post
    But I did like the "joke" coming back to me as it confirmed what I was already thinking about the way you speak to others.
    Have you ever tried taking accountability for your own actions? Seems when you get into unwarranted defense mode you try justifying your words by using other people as a scapegoat to try and shift the responsibility. I don't even have an opinion on the fonterra issue being discussed, I was just calling you out on the rude narrow minded remarks. What Platz says doesnt change it, and I would have called him out on it if it was the other way round too, hes not my friend, I don't agree with everything he has to say at all. It's easier to put the blame on others though, I totally understand.
    I spoke to the Queen once and I was most respectful.....

    Me if there is a Hell I am going there no doubts about it.
    I will see most of you there I think?

    "Accountability" what is that on here?
    Saying sorry? No one say's sorry on here???

    Sometimes it's too late to accept Blame / Accountability if you did you would be sectioned.
    You don't know me.....

  7. #37
    J-Bob's Avatar AF Pimp Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    2,849
    Credits
    31,565

    Default

    Good grief.

    You have the wrong end of the stick kiwibloke

    You reverted to type quickly though... I will give you that.

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •